Get Your Tickets
RustConf 2018 is Friday, August 17th, in Portland, OR at the Oregon Convention Center with an optional Training Day on Thursday, August 16th. You can find a list of the trainings (workshops) here, and the talks here.
You can apply for scholarships till June 29th here
Refunds and Transfers
- Refunds on Conference tickets are available until July 19, 2018, 11:59pm PST. After that, tickets can only be transferred.
- The deadline for all ticket transfers is July 31, 2018, 11:59pm PST.
- Trainings are non-refundable, but are transferrable.
To request transfers of training sessions or to transfer your ticket to someone else, email the team the following details about the replacement attendee, from the email address of either the ticket purchaser or holder:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- GitHub username
- Dietary restrictions
- Tshirt size (can only be adjusted 30 days prior to the conference)
- Do I need separate tickets for Thursday and Friday?
- Yes. your VIP or Conference ticket is for Friday only. Thursday we'll be offering optional addon training sessions, also available for purchase.
- Can you accommodate my need for special meals?
- We'll certainly try! You'll be asked about dietary needs on your registration form. Please be specific about your needs, and preferences vs allergies, as they require different accomodations and vendors.
- Are there any scholarship tickets available?
- There will be! We'll be posting something on this soon.
- Is Kosher food available at the conference and in Portland?
For lunch at the conference, the venue will provide special kosher meals. If you'd like to explore other things, especially if you're considering staying in Portland for a few extra days, feel free to reach out for more info on local options.
It may require an Uber or two, but there's a Glatt Kosher takeout counter (with a full time mashgiach), a bakery, and a Cafe (Cholov Stam and Pareve), all in the Southwest. There's also a Jewish Community Center and Chabad chapter, both of which may be of assistance. They can also help track down a daily minyan if needed.
- Is Childcare available at RustConf?
Indeed! Childcare will be available on Friday only, via Seattle-based, Mom-owned Big Time Kid Care. The childcare room is just downstairs from the conference so you can visit as often as you'd like.
When registering for your ticket, be sure to check off the box indicating interest in childcare. We'll then get in touch with all the details.
Space is limited.
- I'm a nursing mom; can you make accomodations for my needs?
We can indeed! Please reach out to let us know if you'll be attending and needing a Mother's Room or bringing your baby (or both!). We will have a private Mother's Room available, with a locked door and refrigerator. We'd also love to hear about how else we can help.
Nursing babies are welcome. Please be considerate of your fellow attendees and step out of session rooms when the baby is noisy (it happens :p). We're also happy to set up reserved seating for you, so should you need to step out, your seat will be waiting for you when you return.
- Is the venue accessible to people with disabilities?
- Yes! You can find more information on this here
- Do you have live captioning for the talks?